March 19, 2008

oh so close...

It was so close today...first of all let me tell you I am not a morning person at all.  Let me also tell you that I am usually late..I call it Welcker time.  So to have a girl that has to be at school, 15 minutes away, at 9:00am is a stretch for me.  Now add to that the fact that she is 4...4 is a slooww age.  Everything that should take 1 minute takes 4 minutes.  Add one more thing to the mix..the 20 month old.  Dave works very late so I try to just get them up and out of that part of the house so that he can sleep.  Anyway on with the story.  This morning I had grand visions of actually getting the kids to school on time...when Peyton woke me up at 7:45 I jumped out of bed (maybe more like rolled) and hurried to get out of the room before he woke up too much.  I think, yeah, we'll have time to get ready without too much hurrying.  I grab clothes, hair stuff, diaper stuff, all of the stuff we need and head out to the basement.  They're dressed, changed and coiffed before 8:15..it's a record.  I make eggs, oatmeal and a lunch for Maya because today is lunch day.  All before 8:20.  So why oh why did we leave the house at 8:52 you ask?  it took Maya approximately 10 minutes to eat one scrambled egg....then you have to add the 10 minutes to put on shoes and jackets...then I look outside and my dear sweet husband when he came home at 1:00 this morning parked behind my truck....gotta move his work car...Peytie poops right as we are getting ready to leave (why do they always poop right after you have changed their diaper?) finally we are ready to go!  You can't forget the 5-7 minutes it takes to load everyone...half way up Lakeview Road Maya is crying because she just can't get her seatbelt done up...aaaaa!  My visions are dying  a slooww painful death.  We still have to stop and pick up my little nephew Macrae (who, by the way, is one of the cutest kids alive...he tells me I'm a thsexy woman, i love that kid) and it's 8:52.  So my dream died. But you know what?  It's ok. I didn't lose my patience, my girls got a good breakfast (Maya is usually eating a piece of bread or a banana on the way to school in the car), they were up and ready for the day and it's all good.  I won't let the dream die...it'll just have to come true another day. 

2 comments:

Jeff & Haley Murdoch said...

I'm laughing... only cause this is our morning every preschool morning! What do you say to Big Johns and maybe breakfast next Monday after dropping the kids off at preschool? I've been wanting to head down there, but I don't want to go by myself.

Marci said...

sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails