April 1, 2008

addicted

So, I think that I am addicted to reading other people's blogs.  What is it about other people's lives and thoughts that makes us want to read them?  Do you think it's curiosity or nosieness?  I don't know what it is...but I love reading them.  It's fun to read my families blogs because then I get to keep up on them and see pictures and keep in touch better.  But, I love to read the blogs of perfect strangers.  I have found several women that I want to be like so reading their blogs promote dreams of being better.  Some women have tremendous success doing exactly what they want to do...amazing.  Others share their times of distress which make me feel like I am not alone in my daily issues.  Some have great ideas that they are willing to share with others about being a mother, great recipes, crafting & sewing ideas, great websites and other blogs to visit.  Just what I need a whole other list of blogs to visit!  They must be good if someone puts them under their favorite place to visit, right?  A recent friend I have made, because of blogging, said that you all become like sisters over time, even though you never meet face to face.  It's all a little bizarre but when you are a stay at home mom I guess those are the easiest friends to make.  

7 comments:

haley said...

amen, sister!

Don and Jacki said...

Isn't it amazing? Although, Don thinks it as a 'waste of time', I love it, because I can stay close to the ones I love...and others. And I don't think we're nosey, just interested in others successes! Right? Right!

Marci said...

Sounds good to me!

The Tolman Family said...

I agree. I have to go on at least three or four times a day to see who has updated their blog or who has left me comment on our blog.

Love your blog!!!
g

Laura said...

OK, you don't know who I am, but I am a friend of Vanessa's, and I related to one of your comments (we have 5 kids, the last 3 were adopted from the same birthmom!) She had three kids in less than 2 years! Love them, wouldn't change anything, but I am glad we convinced her to get her tubes tied---anyway, it has been a wild ride-----great, but wild. Glad we are at the end of that journey!

The Christensons said...

i like you too :)
laura is another wonderful "sister" you will thourougly enjoy her! i do!

Marci said...

the beauty of blogging! two new friends...love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails