May 8, 2008

family

i made a list the other day (i confess, it was during a particularly dull speaker at women's conference) of all of my extended immediate family.  this includes in laws, outlaws, and all of their spawn.  guess how many there were?  i'll go ahead and tell you....drum roll please...115!  can you believe that?  115 amazing people that i get to call family.  between dave & i we have 19 siblings and then you add all of their spouses and children and their children's children...unbelievable!  gotta love the mormon family.
we have all kinds of people...a chinese professor (my awesome brother, jeff), 3 of the best school teachers around, 1 fabulous preschool teacher, 3 police officers, 1 flight attendant (whose sense of humor can just make you pee yourself laughing), many many inspiring mothers, 4 soldiers, and so many more amazing people.  
i just wanted to take a little time and let these people know the impact that they have on my life everyday.  i have a sister-in-law who keeps me in business and supports me in so many more ways, big sisters who love me unconditionally and have loved me through all of the rough spots in my life without ever judging, a little brother-in-law who always knows when i need a really big hug (and who gives some of the best there are), an older brother who is always there for me and makes me feel like i am special, brothers-in-law who make me laugh soo hard and are always willing to help us through the tough times, my sisters-in-law who are truly the sisters that god forgot to give me, another older brother who always gives me a big ole  cowboy hug and tells me he loves me (which always makes me feel loved), and last but not least...the nieces and nephews who have blessed my life from the day they popped out...they have been my little sisters and brothers and have filled holes in my heart when i wasn't able to pop anymore out myself.  
all of this is because of parents...my sweet mom and dave's sweet mom who gave birth to a heck of a lot of kids!  thank you, you two amazing women.  thank you for giving birth and raising all of these kids...i know it wasn't easy, in fact it was quite hard for both of you.  but thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

haley said...

wow- that's alot... next week i'll try to make that bag- after denise's quilt

Wilky's said...

wow..marci...you have me in tears! I was planning on getting on here and telling you how much i was laughing over what you wrote last on my blog...about the jr. high dances...now i am crying! but happy tears of course. it's funny how one can smile and cry at the same time and this insert on your blog made me do just that. what a nice thing to say about your families and how awesome that you have those sweet feelings about them!

Wilky's said...

oh and btw I love love love mady! i got to actually sit and talk with her yesterday at the soccer practice. you are so lucky, and a great mom, to raise such a sweet and beautiful daughter. i came home and told kelly how sweet she is! what a beautiful girl!

Wilky's said...

ok sorry....one more thing..the funny thing about the madonna song! that has been mine and kelly's "song" since 7th grade..how funny is that!

Mindy said...

I love big families! We only have a mere 13 siblings between the two of us, though....

don and jacki said...

we were blessed with a great family and you were so lucky to marry into such a close knit family! not everyone has that. but also you are an awesome little sister, aunt, mom, wife, etc. we love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails