June 18, 2008

mady girl...


i don't know how many of you out there have girls...i have three.  my oldest is 16 and her name is mady.  mady was my only girl for 11 years....we went through months and months of dave working out of town and years of nights and saturdays with him at school together.  during this time mady and i have grown to have a pretty good relationship as mother & daughter.  we are friends with a healthy dose of me still being the parent.  dave, being the strict disciplinarian that he is, has also caused me to become kind of the advocate that works on mady's behalf sometimes to get him to soften a bit on the rules now and then (he hates it when i do this and it causes much strife in the home but what are moms for?).  i hate having to be the cool one, it's a rough job sometimes :) and sometimes i am so not the cool one...it's usually right about the middle of every month.  so for that one week dave gets to be the advocate and cool one.  i'm completely rambling and losing sight of what i wanted to say so let me just say this:  i love my girl...i love that she and i have a good enough relationship that she can tell me about stupid boys & all of the teenage drama that goes on with her friends...i love that we can sit at the computer for an hour and laugh hysterically while we read 'the pioneer woman' together....i love that we can totally dance crazily while we listen to the music we've downloaded from itunes and both love...i love that i have this amazing daughter!  she really is an amazing girl in so many ways.  so i guess this little post is a couple of things...a tribute to the awesome relationship that i get to have with this girl and a way to say thanks to mady for 16 years of the fabulousness that she brings to my life.  

10 comments:

Tanya said...

what a great pic of mady! i have to say that i am very jealous! i wish i had a daughter...not that i don't thoroughly enjoy my boys. you are such a great mom, marci. that shows in mady....she is such a sweet girl, and that is credit to you. so please let me come and watch her cheer with you ok?

marci said...

anytime girl! dave doesn't like to go and i hate to go by myself.

haley said...

i love mady too! i have too many memories of this little girl and everytime i see her now i want to cry. she is not suppose to be 16!

Tanya said...

k...i'm so there. and you're absolutely right,....nobody can take away our view of timp...thank goodness!

Callie said...

That is so cute! I am so glad that you do have that relationship and I may come to you for advice on how to create this relationship when I have daughters of my own!

The Christensons said...

okay seriously the girl is gorgeous!!!

Mel said...

mady mady 2x4. love the post. so cool to have a mom & a friend. hope she appreciates what a great person she has in her life.

thanks again for the phone call in ca. i needed someone to settle me down. it has been a rough 19 days.

also, glad you liked my "brown" person comment. i swear siona thinks everyone is her auntie or uncle. she was even scoring food off of this tongan lady on the way to la...i was grossing out. she is killing me - thus the detox. i'm almost happy to go to work tomorrow.

anywho, hope all is well. love ya.

Mindy said...

I love both of your tributes! What a great daughter and husband you have!

Erin said...

Mady is an amazing girl!! I'm so happy to hear that you guys can talk about quite a lot! You guys show me what kind of relationship I want to have with my daughter someday!

The Mad-Hatter said...

i've been reading all your blog posts...you're quite and interesting person, and i say that in the best way possible. I LOVE reading your posts as much as you love reading the blogs you follow, it's interesting to see life from your eyes.
and i like this post!(:

Related Posts with Thumbnails