August 3, 2008

raspberry days


we've been hard at work...stitching, stitching, stitching.  it's almost time for raspberry days at bear lake!  we are so excited to head up there and spend some time in that beautiful part of the country.  dave and i went last year and had such a great time.  he came home from work today and said even if we don't make a dime he's just excited to go and spend time together and eat good food.  you know that yummy stuff that you can only buy at fairs?  he loves gyros and they had some pretty good ones last year.  it's amazing how much he loves going to those craft fairs...he makes friends and just hangs out with me.  it's usually a well needed break after the procrastination craziness that goes on here before a show.  every time we go i swear i will be better prepared for the next one but it just doesn't happen!:)  so, if i don't post for a week that's why.  wish us luck and i'll think of you while we are eating good food, sleeping in a nice b&b, and people watching from our booth.

5 comments:

Adam and Kristina said...

I would so LOVE to come up there this weekend, but unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend.

And you hubby is completely right about the food. That is one of the main reasons I love to go to small town fairs. Mmmm, funnel cakes.

I did make it to the Farmer's Market yesterday, finally, so I did feel somewhat productive, rather than my typical lunch and a movie.

Good luck!

Rachel H. said...

OOOOOH......JEALOUS! I seriously just want to come and drool all over your stuff...because then maybe I would have to take it home with me....

Sigh...

Mindy said...

It sounds wonderful!! My dad grew up there in Fish Haven, right next to Bear Lake on the Idaho side. My grandparents lived there until just a few years ago, so I have very fond memories of time spent there. Have fun!

Adam and Kristina said...

Marci, I just saw your comment you left on my friend Melissa and Taylor's blog. I absolutely agree with you about the 'stache. Fortunately he shaved it before our camping trip. Creepy.

Tanya said...

good luck marci! and have a great time. don't forget to let us know how it all goes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails