September 1, 2008

love this movie...

do you have those movies that you have watched a thousand times and yet you could watch them a thousand more?  this is one of those for me.  i watch it a couple of times a year and love it more each time.  meg ryan is her adorable self and tom hanks is charming and the scenery is beautiful and makes me want to go to new york even worse than i already do.  i wish that i could live in new york city for one whole year right where meg ryan lives in that movie....the upper west side of manhattan.  just one year.  one of my favorite movie lines of all times comes from this movie... i would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils...i love that line.  getting new school supplies each fall is one of the best times of the year...add to that the smell of newly sharpened pencils and wow...magic.  i would love to get a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils....really!  ok now you all think i'm a little kooky...sorry.  so, anyways, me and mady got the fall watching of the movie in tonight while we scrapbooked and i had to share....if you haven't seen it you have to watch it!

my very sweet niece, haley, (see contest below) brought me a bouquet of freshly sharpened  pencils...how sweet is that?  if i had a camera with batteries i would take a picture because it is very cute and it smells so good.:)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Yes! I love that one too! I'd also love a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils, OR a brand new box of crayons!

Adam and Kristina said...

I haven't seen this movie in years!

I was just thinking about Meg Ryan, as I saw a commercial for a new movie she's in, and she looks terrible! WAY too much botox. She used to be so cute!

Marci said...

I know Mind...don't you remember how exciting it was to have your new school box full of brand new sharp Crayola crayons and pencils and new erasers! Oh I loved that!!!

Kristina I am totally with you. I think that it is so sad that someone as pretty as her feels like she needs to make her lips all huge and nasty...she so doesn't look good! I still love her though.

Gretchen said...

you wanna know something funny? i walked down to the basement the other day and found my dad watching this...all by himself lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails