September 17, 2008

shanna...

i'm going to talk a little bit about my mother-in-law, shanna.  she just had a birthday so i figured it was a good time to chat a little about her.  shanna is one of those women...you know the type...meant to be a mom.  her whole entire life revolves around her 12, yes 12, children.  add to the mix 11 daughters/sons-in-law, and a bunch of grandkids.  she is an amazing lady!  she has more energy at 60ish than i have and i am far less then 60ish!!!  seriously, this lady never slows down.  dave's biological dad left when dave was about 10 and she raised 8 kids pretty much by herself.  she is one of my heroes.  not only did she raise these kids but she did a fabulous job.:) then she married a man (who is a sweetheart) that had 3 kids and then they had one together!! i know!!! she's giving and kind and sweet.  plus she has a GREAT smile!  one of those that you just love to see.  she takes a lot of grief from us and still has a great sense of humor about all of it.  we like to tease her because she lets us.  she's a great grandma and the kids love her.  so i just wanted to let you know what a great woman i have for a mil.  i've spent a long time as one of her 'kids' and i'm glad that i married her son so i could have her as part of my family.:) love you lady.

* i made this little apron for her and wanted to show it off a little cuz it's the first one i ever made.:)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I have an amazing mother in law too! Aren't we blessed?

Adam and Kristina said...

That's such a great post! I love my MIL and my step-MIL.

Mels said...

Very cute apron, and a very cute model too! :)

Kristina P. said...

Marci, I want to have you make me a stiched saying! I love the quilt one you did, but it's a bit more than I would like to spend for Christmas. So, I thought maybe you could stich me a simpler one for my MIL.

I also think I'm going to buy one of the pincushions for her. They are adorable.

How do I get in touch with you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails