October 9, 2008

new babies...

how beautiful is this baby girl...soo beautiful!
my niece mel is 3 yrs. younger than i am.  we had a rough start with each other...she stole my thunder when she was born and took away her mom & dad from me.  it took me a few years to overcome this tragedy in my life.  i wouldn't let her play with my barbies and i used to go to my room and not play with her if i came home from kindergarten and she just happened to be at our house.  i KNOW...what a brat i was.  i got over this in time and then she became more of a little sister to me.  we spent hours playing with her fisher price tree house and her sesame street little play thinger.  i spent lots of time at their house because her mom baby sat me.  i remember the night her baby sister, haley, was born and we went to see bambi and mel cried...she did that a lot when her mom wasn't around, come to think of it.  when i was in jr. high and high school both i lived with them for a little while and mel was my bunkmate.  she shared her room AND her bed with me.  nice girl.  she also made brownies which were very good, especially to someone who doesn't like to bake herself.:)  mel was also a smarty pants...even when we were young i admired her because she was so smart and good. then she went and served a mission which made me admire her more. now little melly is all grown up and has turned into one fine lady.  she married one of the nicest men i've ever met...thank goodness, because i couldn't handle it if she had married someone who was a twit.  they have a beautiful sassy little mama named siona...who acts very much like her mom...the sassy part. and then little isley was born on monday.  is she just gorgeous or what?  i'm saying yes.  i haven't got to see her yet.  i'm waiting till dave goes back to work this weekend so i can go see her and have all the time i want without an impatient man bugging me.  i can't wait to see her and smell and feel her little softness.  hmmmm i love the babies, especially when they are nieces and you don't have to take care of them in the middle of the night.:)  so there you are, i am once again a great aunt...hahaha...get it, GREAT aunt....pun totally intended.  thank you mel for all the years of being my little sister/niece and for giving me beautiful little great nieces.  you are an amazing woman and i admire you more and more all the time.

~haley...i totally stole this off of your blog...hope you don't care but it's such a beautiful picture!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She's beautiful! I always thought it would be so cool to have a niece or nephew the same age as me.

Erin said...

Did I write something pathetic on Kristina's blog? I must have been in a depressed kind of mood. Anyway, nice to meet you! And your blog is so cute. I love it!

Mindy said...

I'm sure you're a GREAT aunt! ;) What a beautiful baby!

Tanya said...

how cute is she!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails