November 5, 2008

the first day...

well i made it!  the first day was great...everyone was sooo nice and helpful.  this morning i did a co-drive and just rode with someone on a special needs bus.  then this afternoon there was an emergency with one of the special needs drivers and they called me out...eeeekkk!!!  i think i forgot everything that i just learned as far as buttons and lights go.  i did ok driving and really enjoyed seeing those special kids.  so, whew, it's over and now i can move forward.

now lets talk about those kids...wow.  it makes me so grateful that my girls are healthy (or helpy as maya says).  what special parents these children have.  i admire them so much for their strength and patience and love.  so to all of you moms and dads who have these special little ones in your care...my hats off to you.:)

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That's great! Congrats on a successful first day!

I'm the Mad-Hatter said...

yaya!!! my mamma is going to drive buses!! :]

Mindy said...

I sometimes sub at the high school with the special needs kids... they are amazing, and challenging kids, and I admire their parents and those who work with them regularly.

Congratulations on a great first day!

don and jacki said...

a m e n !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails