January 21, 2009

junktique cookbook holder

us little 'junkers' out there are always trying to find new and inventive ways to put that junk to good use, right? i thought this was a good way to corral all of those cookbooks that i love...it would also look really cute in a little girl's room for their sweet little books....
i don't have a picture of the before, sorry.  i took the top part of my little dolly high chair from when i was a wee lass...the legs were falling off and it was in sad shape...i painted her white and sanded and stained and roughed her up a little.  i saw it done with the top of a little kids chair and that was awesome too.
and she became the perfect resting place for some of my favorite cookbooks. i have a slight addiction to 'the sopranos', please don't hold it against me. i want to entertain like  carmela soprano and cook like artie bucco....if you understand that then you carry the same shame that i do about my soprano addiction.  also the 'apples for jam' cookbook is lovely and 'the new southern basics' is one of the best cookbooks ever written.  i love cookbooks and they are as fun to read for me as any twilight book...call me kooky.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great idea! You should post this on apron girls! I would've never thought of it, and I LOVE it!

Mindy said...

p.s. The Silver Sneakers class is at the Rec center here. Let me know if your mom needs more info.

Kristina P. said...

I love the way you used this! So creative!

Mel said...

I love it & you know I don't do those things...But it's a great idea...tell me how dusty it gets - I may want to copy ;)

I have a new good pasta dinner recipe - delicioso & way easy. Someone brought it to me when I had Isers & I've made it like 3 time since.

Anywho, we missed you at the movies, but I'm sure Big D's glad you stayed home to clean - what dedication. Next time...

Jen R. said...

Such a cute chair and what a great idea!

Britny Hill said...

You are so creative!! I love it!

Rosemans said...

Hi Marcy, I found your blog. Have fun on the bus.
Barbara

Related Posts with Thumbnails