February 16, 2009

another junkin idea...

i thought i would share another way to use the junk you have lyin' around...
i'm a purist when it comes to antiques or junk and usually just leave them as is.  some like to paint stuff but i like to look at the wear and tear they have and imagine the people who used them before they came to me.

this is a little school chair that i got for a song at star mill, i think.  i have it between my tub and shower in my bathroom...it's a great place to hold my basket full of lotions and potions.  the basket that is holding those is an old wire freezer basket that i picked up somewhere.   i'm not good at keeping track of places that i get stuff...i just pile it up and then when i need something i can go 'shop' through my own little stash.:D
i love wire baskets and pails and whenever i come across them for a good deal i scoop them up.  they are always handy to have around.  this one was flat on the back and worked perfectly on the wall in the bathroom to hold my tub magazines.  the bathtub is my own private magazine reading sanctuary....country living take me away!
here they are put together.  i bugged dave about building me a really cool shelf for this little space forever and it just wasn't happening so i had to come up with something and i had all of this on hand. maybe someday when i redo my bathroom... 
(hopefully someday soon, white tile is never a good idea!) but for now this works just great and i love being able to use all of my 'junktiques'.

note:  i saw the word juntique somewhere in a magazine to describe a style and it sounds so much better than just plain ole junk, doesn't it?  so i've decided that i would adopt that word to describe my own style...that way i don't sound quite so white trash, right? right?!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I really like your little baskets, especially the magazine one.

Mindy said...

NO! Not white trash at all! I love your style, and I love leaving things with their years of wear showing too. :) I cannot wait to get a tour of your house someday!

Tanya said...

you are so not white trash! you are so dang creative it kills me! WHITE TRASH DOES NOT EVEN DESCRIBE YOU. and I know! ;)

V and Co. said...

i love your junkin ideas! makes me want to get more sh*it to put in my house, my husband thanks you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails