February 26, 2009

mom books to read...

i do these runs on the bus called 'shuttle runs' where i just run high school kids back and forth to different bowling alleys or rec centers to do p.e. stuff.  so i have some down time while they are in bowling.  a perfect time to read!  i have read a couple of really good mom books and thought i would share them with you.
guilt free motherhood...this is one of my favorites!  i have read it more than once believe me.

and this one is the best!  it just makes me cry, mostly because i'm a boob, but it makes you proud to be 'just a mom'.:D

so i thought i would just share the wealth with you!  have a beautiful day!!

6 comments:

Britny Hill said...

There was no better day than today to share that with me. THANK YOU!!

don and jacki said...

We as women, always feel guilty that we aren't the perfect mother. We just don't give ourselves enough credit!
If we could just take the time to remember all the good we do and everything that we teach our kids, if only by example, then we could feel happy to know what GREAT mothers we really are! Mom's... Don't sell yourselves short!

girlsmama said...

I love both of those! May I add "The Mother in Me"? It's a collection of essays by LDS women about being a mom. It's edited by Kathryn Soper. It is fabulous.

Mel said...

Love I Am A Mother. Read it awhile ago - need to read again. I'll jump on the other book soon.

However, have you seen the book from DB called "Worldwide Ward Cookbook?"...I'm all over it on payday!!!

Review to come.

Mindy said...

I haven't read either of those... yet! Thanks for the recommendation!

Tanya said...

i haven't read these either...shocker! i don't read much. but i think i better read these. i just can't figure out how you can read and stitch and get either one done. you are amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails