May 12, 2009

oh no you didn't...

please do not be jealous....i know you will be.





so i've been wanting an old pickup to tool around in...big d's little brother has one that he would sell. we decided there was no way that we could do that because we are poor as poor can be. well on mother's day we were working outside...i know we're total sinners...and he said let's go for a ride and i'll give you your mother's day gift. ok, whatever.  we start up the road and pass all of the places that he could be hiding a gift. we get half way around the block and i said, 'you aren't really taking me to show me a gift, you just wanted to take a break.' he starts laughin...'how the hell did you figure that out?' ha ha ha. funny guy. not. well the truck is parked at his grandpa's house which is just around the corner from us. we pass the house and then we turn around and start down his driveway. 'no way. you. did. not. we cannot buy a truck.' well his response...'don't worry about it, i got a killer deal on it and i'm selling one of my prize possessions to get it for you.' no. way. again. so, oh yes he did. unless he's just trickin with me. hopefully not.  so here's the big dilemma...what to name her.  the license plate is already decided. frm chik..of course.  now i'm thinkin, lulu, lucy, bessie...any good ideas?

11 comments:

V and Co. said...

what a great guy!
what about layla?

Mindy said...

I love it!!! Our old Ford truck is "Old Girl", but that doesn't sound as good... (she kinda got stuck with it on accident... Cooper would say, Come on, Old Girl, you can make it... and it stuck!)

Mindy said...

Oh, I like Bessie. You could call her Bessie Blue sometimes.

Torina said...

How about Sassafras?

haley said...

i like lulu!!!

girlsmama said...

How fun! I like all the names. I think I like Bessie Blue the most!

Britny Hill said...

OH MY GOSH- did you know that was my dads??? Preston bought it from him a couple years ago! I learned how to drive a stick in that truck in my high school parking lot!! I'm so glad she is going to you!! YAY!!

Felicia said...

I like Bessie. Todd called his old station wagon Bessie and everytime he came to a big hill and she was slow gettin' up, he'd hit the door (with his hand out the window) and shout, "C'mon Bessie! You can do it"

I like Nellie too.

Tanya said...

holy cow!! that is so cool! now we can cruise in it to get our smoothie that we have never gotten!!! ;)

way to go dave!!!

Marci said...

so many good ideas! it's got to be perfect so i'm still thinkin...i'll let you know. thanks for all the great ideas!

The Tolman Family said...

I think the truck is so cool. I know you will have so much fun driving it. After reading about your bus aventures the truck aventures should be much better. Miss you guys. Jason Tolman

Related Posts with Thumbnails