June 23, 2009

goodbye...

my dad passed away today.  i'm glad that i got to see him a few times in the past week.  we were able to say the things to each other that we needed to.  he got to see mady, which made him so happy and he got to meet the little ones.   they were as cute as ever for him and gave him big hugs and kisses...he liked that.  so, i'm glad that i went.  i have had a couple of friends who also have had rocky relationships with their dad talk to me and i had an aha moment.  the difference between me and them is that i have a lot of good memories with my dad.  i am so grateful for that.  i'm so grateful that i just get to remember the good and the bad is fading into the background.  i'm just grateful that he was my dad and that i had him in my life.  so goodbye dad...i know you are in a better place and that you are happy.

*thank you dear friends for all of the kind words on that post before.  it's so amazing when you realize all of the people who care for you and are there to back you up when you need it.  i hope you know that i would be there for you too.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, Marci, I am so sorry for you loss.

Felicia said...

I'm so glad you got to see him one last time. You'll be in my prayers tonight.

girlsmama said...

I'm glad you were able to fins your peace. Prayers for you dear friend.

Torina said...

I'm sorry for your loss. May peace be with you.

jenny said...

so sorry for your loss.

Tanya said...

marci..i am so sorry! i am also so glad that you were able to see him and that you decided to go and take your daughters! please let me know if i can help at all!!!
i love ya!!

i am sorry that i left you that message about kort today too...i feel really stupid now! i had no idea or i wouldn't have bothered you!

Rachel H. said...

You are in my thoughts! I hope you are okay...I am so sorry for your loss.

haley said...

marci, i'm glad you decided to go visit him. i never saw the "grumpy" ron like everyone else... i was too little, but i loved that man. he was really the only grandpa i knew on that side and he spoiled me. hope you have a better day today...

don and jacki said...

marc, sorry to hear about ron. i'm glad that you were able to talk to him before he passed away and that things were good. i too, have some great memories of my dad, but for me, he was gone a long time ago. doesn't it make us grateful for husbands that are such great dads, and that our kids will not have to go thru this same kind of agony. love ya sis! call me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails