June 8, 2009

my sweetheart...

so i had a lunch today at my house with 7 of my dear sweet apron girl sisters.  it was so much fun and i loved having them all at my home.  but boy what a week it was getting ready.  we spent all week outside so that we could have it in the garden and wouldn't you know it rained today.  it was still awesome and we'll have to try again in the garden someday.  anyhoo...my dear sweet husband has been such a good sport and has hung pictures and mirrors and finished this and that.  he even drove to lehi for me this morning to have a lady put some vinyl on a window for me because we couldn't get it to work right!  that is dedication to me.;D  he's raked the entire yard and swept and sprayed things down and let me buy plants....the list is endless.  here's the thing about my guy...he's a doer.  he cleans house and does laundry and chores and does the outside stuff, he works hard at his job and is dang good at it.  he comes home and snuggles with the girls and watches movies...'happy feet' even.  this is the way that he shows his dedication to me and our girls.  by doing 'stuff'.  so big d, thank you for your dedication.  thank you for your hard work and support.  thank you for taking the little ones swimming so that i could enjoy this afternoon with the girls.  you really are amazing to me in so many ways and i don't tell you that nearly enough.:D  love you big guy.

so here are some pictures of a few of the 'honey do's' this week...

thank you mady for tackling the sewing room and for everything else you did today!
these are the very cute window picture frames that were a very big pain in the patootie to clean...but they turned out awesome!
the little ones room finally got decorated and big d hung thing after thing...
but it sure does look cute!
and finally the vinyl...blasted vinyl!  it looks so perfect though with the beautiful picture of the temple and the pictures of all of those people who made our little family possible.

ONCE AGAIN TO MY VERY AMAZINGLY AWESOME FAMILY, THANK YOU!!!


oh i don't want to forget these two little hooligans...thanks little ones for waiting all the way till monday to get to go swimming...you've been troopers.:D

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Of course your house is completely adorable! I would expect nothing less.

girlsmama said...

It was a fabulous afternoon! Your home was so inviting and fun to look at. I truly enjoyed my self-guided tour. :) I loved the window picture frames! I need to go find an old barn...

Thanks again Marci! It was lovely. And a high five to your fam!

Mindy said...

Marci, your house was perfection, and I appreciate all of the hard work you and your sweetheart (and darling girls) put into it! I wish I could hang out with you at your house every day! It was so much fun... and I'm sorry I made you all take so many group shots! ;)

don and jacki said...

big D is soooo talented! i love the picture frames and all the other things that he has made! also to big D... we are so glad that you are a part of our family! you are the other better half of my sweet little sister. thank you for being sooo good to her! love ya both!

Tanya said...

I can't tell you how seriously sick I am I wasn't there! I so missed out!

jenny said...

you have such a talent for putting things together and making people feel welcome. thank you for opening your home to us all. it was the best afternoon with friends i've had in a long time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails