December 11, 2009

whew...

it's been a hectic month. getting ready for the dickens festival and then getting there and setting up...for 8 hrs...and then sitting and sitting and sitting for 4 days. 9am-9pm. those.are.long.days. i'll post some pictures of the booth later.

the thing i want to tell you about is this...

by this amazingly talented man. we try and go see this every year. every year that we go i get all excited to buy the tickets when they come on sale and then when it's time to actually go my little home body soul kicks in and i don't want to go anywhere...let alone salt lake in the freezing cold, it was 3 last night! that's it, 3 degrees. brrrr. so yesterday i started in with the oh no i'm going to have to leave my house thing. of course we went and like every other time i'm so glad that we did. we took the middle one for the first time this year....i'm thinking that 6 is not quite old enough yet. maybe 8 is the magical number.

this play is the spirit of christmas in a song. i cry every year. every.dang.year. music just touches my soul. it makes me feel things that i forget i can feel. michael mclean does an amazing job of reminding me what the season is all about. christ. pure and simple. and family and memories and goodness. it's so easy to get wrapped up in all of the stress of christmas and forget that it's about those things. so thank you, once again, mr mclean for putting my heart in the right direction. my compass was shaky and needed to be firmly planted in the direction of home.

this cd is our favorite at christmas time. if you've never heard it i would greatly encourage that you hop on over to amazon and get it on its way to your home. your whole family will love it and i dare you not to cry when you listen to those 'forgotten carols'. there's a book too!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I've never seen it. Truthfully, I'm not a Michael McLean fan.

Jenny said...

I am a huge Michael McLean fan! I love all of his music. I have had this book and cd for years and love to listen every Christmas. I keep telling myself that I'm going to go see it but there's always something else that comes up. Sounds like I need to make it a high priority for next year!

bri said...

i have heard and seen the book. i love michael mclean. never been to see him. i too will put that one on my list. thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails