January 12, 2010

cassette tapes...

so big d and i have been dejunking the house.  what fun that is...
no it is really kind of fun to get rid of stuff.  it sure looks a lot better when it's done!


yesterday we dug into the cassette tapes...yes i still had them. 
 it's hard to get rid of them.  let me tell you why...
it's amazing how many memories those stupid tapes bring back!!



i had a pseudo echo tape in there that dave
 made me in the 7th grade...


u2...u2 brings back all kinds of memories...
the spring of my sophmore year,
 going to 'rattle and hum' during a horrible
 snow storm and being the only ones on the 
road and in the theater...


crystal gayle...my friend jody 
and i went to calgary, canada with my dad and
 it was the only tape we had the entire trip...
i know every song on that tape word for word...


real life and the smiths...my big brother sent those
 to me from california
 and no-one  here had ever even heard of them...
never mind that i hadn't either, i thought i was the coolest...
oh and he sent me a kroq sticker that was on my wall till after college.

lots of led zeppelin...too many memories...

don williams...driving to salina and back with my friend angie 
while we took my dad down there to pick up his truck...
again the only tape we had...good times, good times.

george strait, pat benatar, the police, beach boys, elvis....
all full of memories. the soundtrack of my youth.

so what songs and bands bring your memories flooding back?  

7 comments:

Mindy said...

All of those you mentioned... yes! I can understand why it would be hard to give them up. A funny cassette memory I have is the VERY first one that was mine alone... my parents gave me Debbie Boone (You Light up My Life) for Christmas... I can probably still sing every word on that tape because I listened to it so much. :)

Kristina P. said...

Good times! I loved cassette tapes. We had a Billy Joel one that we wore out!

Mel said...

Oooooooooh, and don't forget the mixed tapes. We dejunked awhile back. I held on to two - even though I have nothing to play them with;)

girlsmama said...

I totally grew up listening to KROQ. Now when I go to visit my family in CA it's just not the same.

Marci said...

ooo i did love mixed tapes.
here's where i am real old comes in...mixed tapes weren't even possible until i was in high school! i'm so old.

don and jacki said...

you're not old, unless you remember 8 track tapes! don got rid of his a long time ago - nothing to play them with.

Tanya said...

OOOOHH....Kenny Rogers baby!! Every road trip my family took that's what we listened to...and I still love it!

And don't forget Cheerleading in Jr. High Marci!!! Remember all of the music we came up with then? Good times!!! I specifically us trying to come up with a good dance to Madonna!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails