March 8, 2010

cookbooks...



i LOVE cookbooks.
seriously love them.
i can read them just like 
i would read any novel.
and i have some pretty 
cool ones.  ones that i
use often by authors that
i would spend a day in the
kitchen with anyday
of the week if they'd let me!
 i have a new favorite.
i've put off buying this...


i've been on a hiatus from
reading her blog because
i get jealous and don't 
think it's fair that one
woman gets to lead such a 
charmed life...i know...
how petty can a person
be? unfortunately i can
be pretty dang petty at 
times. :p  i'm not proud 
of it but it's true.
so anyway back to the
story.  my little nephew is
getting married and 
there was a shower for his 
bride this past saturday
and it was a recipe shower.
i do love her recipes.
and my nephew and his
bride are kind of 
cowboyish so i thought
it would be perfect.
and since i was buying 
one for them i thought 
i might as well throw one
in the basket for me.
free shipping on amazon
if you buy over $25 so it
was practically free, right?
it came saturday and it 
is my favorite cookbook
of all time.  there are 
amazing photos, and
 the stories, that woman
has a way with words.  so i 
guess the hiatus is over...
and i will be cooking
all of the recipes in the book.
they all look so yummy.
i highly recommend adding
it to your cookbook 
collection...that is if you
love amazing photos
and funny stories to go 
along with yummy
 recipes that are 
easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
and that will please even the 
pickiest of men and children.
damn that woman...
she's just hard to hate.




7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love reading cookbooks too. I need that book.

girlsmama said...

It is one of my all time favorites! Her potato skins are fabulous. I made her chili over the weekend (with tomatoes and beans) for a ward party and it was the first pot gone, even if it didn't win the contest.

Mindy said...

I need to get that cookbook! And I totally know what you mean. I get a little mad that PW is living the life I desperately want, but I guess we'll both have to just get over it and love her anyway, right? ;)

Tanya said...

Marci...your blog looks great!
I, too, love cookbooks. I have a lot of them!

tinypaperheart said...

will definitely check it out! thanks! :)

Mel said...

I L.O.V.E. cookbooks too... (almost as much as I love cooking). Since you mentioned you were buying one for Sarah, I've gone to her (the one you love to hate) website. Why did I not know about her. I have now began stocking since Monday. (not normal). I may have to pack your gift away in my car ~ what will the wrapping look like?

Mel said...

By the way, if I make this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/03/my_most_favorite_salad_ever_ever_ever_ever/

do you think we could have a girls lunch sometime soon?

Related Posts with Thumbnails