September 7, 2010

hellooo....

i hate it when i go away from home.
all the blogs that i love...they keep on bloggin away and now i'll never catch up.
never.
miss v has 17 posts...17. i'll never catch up.
and that is only one of the 475 blogs that i follow.
i'm exaggerating.
plus we are redoing our bathroom which is taking all of my time.
which i don't have because i'm getting ready for the show.
and if i sit down to the computer i get the stink eye from the man.
because it was my crazy idea to redo the bathroom...
and to have a show at our house.

but guess what i did last week?
i went to mesquite for 5 whole days.
thank you to those who made that possible.
alone with the man.
for 5 whole days.
i slept in.
i showered and actually got ready for the day.
we saw two really bad movies.
and i spent time with my husband without any whining.
that is so important to us.
alone time so that we can remember that we are also a husband and a wife.
sometimes it seems like all we are are roommates trying to raise children together.
do you ever feel like that?
please tell me you do so i don't feel like i have a crappy marriage or something.

i sat up and watched hoarders at my computer last night.
in my really uncomfortable computer chair.
i love that show and i don't know why.
those people just fascinate me and i love to see it after it's clean.
it's like when oprah has make overs.
i love to see those too.

did you see the movie precious?
it's really really sad and depressing.
but good.
not for the faint of heart or the people who are wayyy better than me and don't watch rated r movies.
i'm really bad about that.
that little gal was on ellen today.
she is really just a delightfully happy girl...i can't believe how good she was in that movie.
that is acting.
and monique...well she just rocked.

i read a book called the help over the last few days.
actually late at night when i should have been sleeping.
i am exhausted right now.  thus the rambling.
back to the book.
good, good, good.
thanks denise!


so there...i just emptied my brain.
i know there really isn't much in there. ha!
now i will attempt to go to sleep.
not easy a week before the show.
do you think about everything that needs to be done the minute your head hits the pillow?
no matter how tired i am that happens every damn night just about.
uggh..

here's hoping for a good nights sleep!
thanks for letting me ramble on a bit...


6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What is there to do in Mesquite?

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you two got some alone time away! And yes, I think every married couple with kids has those times when you feel like just roommates taking care of the munchkins together. Good for you taking time out for yourselves!

I also loved The Help!

Rachel H. said...

roommate feeling? Check.
Time away? ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL

You crack me up! :) I watch hoarders to feel good about my house on bad days...lol

Sue said...

Even though we are now empty nesters it's still good to get away from home(and business) and focus on each other. I need to read "The Help." Everyone seems to love it!

Felicia said...

I bring up the whole "roommate" thing with my marriage and family therapist husband WAY too often...totally understand.

I love hoarders too. Todd thinks I'm nuts.

Bathroom re-do's are the worst (until they're done).

Charma said...

Yes, feeling like just roommates is a good way to put it!

If you like "Hoarders", you might like "How Clean is Your House" on BBC too...It makes me feel a lot better about my house when its a mess :)

"The Help" was a good book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails