January 26, 2011

ta-da!...

::LOTS OF PICTURES WARNING::

That is for my mom who has the slowest internet in the world.

well...so you probably guessed or you just know me so you know.
WE REDID OUR UGLY BEDROOM!!
YAY!!!

this is how the welcker's roll...
we decided to get our carpets cleaned because
 they were so nasty i didn't want people to come over and visit.
with dave that means the house has to be emptied of furniture
so we can get the biggest bang for our buck.
then i thought we could use the gift certificate i got for 
christmas from the home depot and get the paint
to paint our room that i have hated forever.
then dave said well while we are doing that maybe i 
will rework our closet like i've been wanting to
and then i suggested maybe now would be the 
perfect time to put the wood on the ceiling and wall
behind our bed like i've been wanting to do for  6 yrs
and then i bribed him to put the door in that i've had sitting in 
the barn for 2 1/2 yrs.

so there you go...
carpet cleaning the welcker way.
this also meant that all of this had to happen in a weekend.
so that the carpet cleaners could come on a day that would work.
woohooo!  bring it on!!

so remember this...

after it went through this awkward phase


it became this...



then there was the closet.
now i am aware that some of you are saying wahuh?
that's your closet?
do you realize that our walk-in closet
 could eat ten of your closets for lunch?
yes, people, i do realize. 
 when you live in a 1960's rambler
there is no such thing as walk-in anything storage.
you love what you have and take walks
in the back pasture to remember why you live in a 1960's rambler.


no more ugly sliding doors...ahhh.



hey how'd that hottie get in there?
he's the remodel guy...homina homina.;D


no more ugly tv thing because it fits nicely in our closet.  whoohoo!!
and now i can actually reach all of my pants.
that is a good thing.


do you remember this wall?

it's now covered in chocolatey yumminess.


i'm still working on ideas for that wall...
we'll see what happens.


this little junkin beauty was my anniversary gift last year.
gosh i love my husband.
he knows the key to my heart.
rust.
*wink*
she has been hanging on the back patio just waiting for my wall
of wood to get to come in the house.


this is a horrible picture but i really wanted to post tonight so i'll take
some better ones later after she gets her knobs.
cabinet hardware people.
we think that this pretty little lady came from 
the same place as the cabin but we aren't sure.
when you collect a lot of junk you lose track sometimes.
she is a lovely shade of robin egg blue and she 
came already crackled and primitive looking.
we were going to just set her up in the corner or hang
her on a wall and then the man had an idea.
not only did he have an idea but he then went and 
made the idea come true in a couple of hours.
so he turned her into a corner cupboard so that 
i can hide all of the books by my bed.  
i have a book problem.
they are everywhere.
i'll show pictures when she gets her new/old hardware.


this is what the shutters looked like when we picked them up for $5, yes $5, at the di.
we got enough to redo all of our windows, go us!


mr fix it cut them down to size and gave them a fresh coat of paint. 
love them.
they change the whole look of things.
those and the knobs on my closet doors. 
i love them too.

but my fave thing is this...


yes, i love the light but really my most fave thing in the whole room
is the ceiling.  it reminds me of a beach cottage.
which reminds me of the ocean and i love the ocean.
alot.

the light is pretty though...here's a better shot.


all jingly and jangly but a nice patina that's a little rustic.
that's my goal...feminine but with a little grit.

btw...did you see true grit?  good movie, you should go see it.

now let me show you the door.
but first i am going to give you a history lesson about the door.
a few years ago i did a show at a ladies house.
i've stalked the house for a few years and when i saw
she was doing a craft show i did it just so i could see inside.
i know, i know, a little crazy.
turns out she and i are kindred spirits.
she loves it old and gritty too.
she has old doors with windows in her house. 
I LOVED IT.
i immediately started amassing old doors with windows.
the big guy agreed to it but wasn't in a huge hurry to get er done for me.
so last year for christmas he gave me a coupon for one install.
it was done in the fall for the bathroom.
and like i said after a bribe, which i will not disclose, 
he agreed to do the bedroom.

here she is.
isn't she lovely?




i love old things.
have i told you that before?!  
oh, sorry to repeat myself.

so after a weekend of my girls looking like this 



and playing wayyyy too much wii.

this guy...


came through, yet again, and gave me a big ole smile.
i love it big time.
it's what i've been plotting in my head for 6 yrs or so.
now i need to figure out what goes on the walls
and hopefully someday get the bed goods that i want.
think all puffy and white and burlap colored.
ahhh.

thanks for letting me show and tell.
it's fun to get to share it with ya'll.

xo,

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Personally, I don't think it looked bad before, but it looks so much better!

Mindy said...

I'm so freakin' in love with your door i can hardly stand it. And... at least you HAVE closets... houses built in the 1800s do not. ;) I love love love your ceiling too, and I'm having major jealousy issues because I don't have the "just do it" gumption that you and Dave have. I talk about things and never get around to it. ;) LOVE. Did I say LOVE yet???

Felicia said...

I LOVE it! Our master bedroom is just a huge pile-o-junk. It is clean about once per quarter. You've inspired me to finally do something about it.

Griffin and Gretchen said...

you are so awesome! looove the door. and the light. can you guys come redo our room now? ;)

Rachel Holloway said...

INSPIRATIONAL! BEAUTIFUL! WONDERFUL! Drooooooling over here. Seriously am in LOVE with your room! It's fantastic! You did so much awesome stuff with it!
Can I please come learn from you...and live with you in your super cool house? I love it there....sigh.

thatreallytallgirl said...

1. Everything looks amazing!
2. Saw True Grit last night, loved it except for the "fingers on the table" part. Ick.
3. How come when I go to DI all I ever see is smelly clothes from the 80's and you go and find amazing shutters? No fair!

the WINTERS family! said...

Love, love, love it all!

The Clarks said...

Oh!!! I love love love it! You two did a bang up job ;) and I'm envious of your new closet I want mine to look like that.....mine looks just like the before picture with sliding doors and all. Just one question....What did you do with your shoes????

bri said...

ok, i don't know where to start. i love the brown. the shutters. the chandelier. your talent. you. your daughters. and your handy hubby. thanks for sharing your awesomeness. i love it ALL! you my friend are a natural. seriously.

Erin said...

Dear Marci,
You are A-W-E-S-O-M-E! AWESOME! Your creativity is off the charts! Could you kindly give me some of it! :)
Love,
Erin

Related Posts with Thumbnails