March 4, 2011

love notes...

when i was 13 i was walking home from 
a concert at the jr. high with a group of 
my friends.  we met two boys walking
down the road and talked to them for a little bit.

the next day my friend found me in the hall.
she asked me if i knew david.
i told her we had met the night before.
she asked me if i would want to go with him.
sure i would...he was cute...
so what if i didn't even know him.
jr. high logic.
i then spent the next few months 
'going' with him.  we broke up about 3 different
times i think.  he was really shy and kind of
had a hard time talking to me but he would write me
notes everyday.  he made books for me that were notes, 
he even wrote one on a roll of toilet paper one time.
it was sweet.


fast forward 6 yrs.
i was getting ready to marry my first husband.
i had a huge box of notes.  i had saved every 
note or letter anyone had written me since the 
7th grade.  i thought it best i get rid of them.
the thing is...
i couldn't get rid of his.
i kept all of them.  i didn't know why at the time.

fast forward again...
just over a year later...
i was divorced (that is a looong story)
and guess who i was marrying?
yup, dave.
and guess what i still have?
all of those love notes.
i keep them in my treasure box.


at the end of every note he wrote this...
'love always and forever'.
that was the thing i remember most about those notes.
whenever i think of 'our' saying it's that.
so when i started thinking about what to put above our bed.
i knew it had to have that on it.


it's been almost 18 yrs...
hopefully it is always and forever.

xo,

i'm linked up to freckled laundry
and her awesome textile linky party
you can find it at freckled laundry.

13 comments:

Griffin and Gretchen said...

aw! that gave me goosebumps! that is so sweet

Mindy said...

Nu UH! That is the sweetest thing ever!!!! I love that you have his little boy love notes still. I want to read them. ;)

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

To darn adorable! SOOOOO sweet!
Your blog is precious!! Found you at the Laundry!
SMiles,
Beth

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Very sweet! Love the quote and the meaning! Perfect place to hang it, too!
Blessings,
Michelle

the WINTERS family! said...

Love :)

thatreallytallgirl said...

love it!

bri said...

<3

Sue said...

That has got to be one of the most romantic, sweetest stories ever. Your framed saying over the bed is PERFECT! I'll have to do that.

Miranda said...

Great story! And I love your new sign.

Rachel Holloway said...

SWEETEST. STORY. EVER!

LOOOOVE it!

C'est Magnifique said...

Awww! What a sweet, sweet story! I still have my very first valentine from a boy I liked in like 2nd grade. We never dated and it's not a love story, but for some reason that Valentine means something to me! I will keep it forever!

Tania

Erin said...

oh man!! love the story! so awesome that you still have his notes! :)

freckled laundry said...

That is SO sweet. Choked me up. It looks beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday.

xo,
Jami

Related Posts with Thumbnails