April 2, 2011

18 yrs...

it's been about 26 yrs since i met the man i married.


he was extremely cute and shy.
he had a blonde new wave haircut.
he was unlike any boy i had met before.
he had amazing blue eyes.
he wrote me lots of notes.
he was a great friend...and kisser.:D
he made me a cake when i came home from california
and brought it to me at 10:30 at night.
we talked until the wee hours of the morning just about every night.
then we parted ways.


then we found each other again.
my mom went to the car wash where he was working.
he met mady.
i took two hours to get the courage to call him.
i did.
we dated for a while.
then he was in the shower one day and thought to himself why am i here alone?
yup, that's why he proposed.
*wink and a smile*
we were married 3 months later.
i would've married him a month after we started dating.
i was that sure he was the one.
he still had blonde curly hair.
and amazingly beautiful blue eyes.
did i also mention that his smile makes me weak in the knees?
still does.
and he can make me laugh until i snort and cry.


it's been right around 26 yrs since we first met.
we've lived some life.
had lots of fun together.
he still makes me weak in the knees when he smiles.
he's bald now but it's kinda hot.
and those blue eyes have some crinkles around them but they are still beautiful.
he still makes me laugh.
we have raised one beautiful girl.
we've been through the heartache of infertility.
we've adopted two gorgeous girls.
our commitment to each other is solid.
rock solid.
i love him more than i could've ever thought imaginable 26 yrs ago.
hell i love him more than i could've imagined 18 yrs ago.
he is my best friend.
and i'll love him always and forever.

xo babe,

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am LOVING the denim picture. Happy anniversary!

don and jacki said...

Happy Anniversary! So Glad Dave found you and has made you sooo happy! Love ya both, hope you have a great time!

Rachel Holloway said...

I may or may not have shed some tears while reading this. Okay, you got me. I'm such a baby...and a sucker for beautiful love tributes! Thank you for sharing such a special post. You two are an incredible pair...happy anniversary!

Mel said...

Hope you had a great trip. We missed you on Friday!

bri said...

these days, that is something to be proud of! congratulations!

you look so happy together! :)

The Mad-Hatter said...

i love you both! im so happy you found a man that was man enough to handle both of us ;)

Mindy said...

You two are perfect for each other. And OMgoodness... you wore the denim shirts for your engagement pics too??? I've got to show you mine sometime. We're total couple twinners. Quadruplets?

Related Posts with Thumbnails